This page will assist you with the new hire process at Hardin Medical Center. If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 731.926.8420 or 731.926.8116.
Human Resources--Your First Day of Employment
Representatives of Human Resources will provide your initial new hire documents and collect required documentation from you. On your first day of orientation, you will be asked to supply the following information:
- Identification: Two forms of ID are required to prove U.S. citizenship or permission to work in the U.S. This information is used to complete the I-9 Form, which is required by the federal government to document employment eligibility
- Competency verification: Bring copies of all licensure and/or certification cards related to your position (if required) with you to your appointment. Examples include: TN state licensure or certification or AHA or Basic or Advanced Life Support certification cards
- Direct Deposit: If you would like direct deposit you must provide a voided blank check and/or savings account number and bank routing number will be needed to complete paperwork to have your payroll check direct deposited to the banking institution(s) of your choice.
Employee Health--Preparing for Your Health and Safety at Work
As a new employee, you will be required to complete an Employee Health visit prior to your first day of employment. Human Resources or Department Director will arrange the appointment date and time with you. This appointment lasts approximately 30 minutes. This visit is conducted to ensure you are physically able to perform the essential functions of your job, check your immunizations and perform a drug screen examination. Your Employee Health appointment must be completed before you attend New Employee Orientation.
What to bring to your Employee Health visit:
- Documentation of any immunizations, TB test or labs previously received.
- Any prescriptions you are currently taking.
New Employee Orientation--Welcome New Employees!
All new employees will spend the first day of employment attending New Employee General Orientation. These sessions are conducted by speakers from the various departments of the hospital and are held every two weeks on Thursday, except holidays, General Orientation is 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. This program will introduce you to Hardin Medical Center and other important information related to the culture, compliance, benefits and safety . Departmental orientation, which includes orientation to specific job duties, responsibilities, expectations and departmental policies and procedures, is provided by each employee’s supervisor.
You will receive a copy of the employee handbook and other materials needed as a new employee of Hardin Medical Center.
You will also receive your employee ID badge.
Parking on New Employee Orientation Day:
Employee parking is available in the areas behind the Hospital and Nursing Home.
What to Wear ...
Professional/casual business attire or uniform . Consider wearing layered clothing since the room temperature may not be comfortable for each individual.
It is the policy of Hardin Medical Center to provide reasonable accommodation for employees with disabilities. Please contact Human Resources
or Performance Improvement
at 731-926-8116 or 731-926-8180 if you need to request accommodations.
Educational assistance for health related occupations are available to qualified candidates. To increase the availability of needed healthcare professionals, Hardin Medical Center may elect to assist an employee or other applicant in obtaining the education necessary to qualify that individual for a healthcare position through a tuition reimbursement program.
Our Nurse Education Department is designed to help our nurses and employees stay current on their continuing education.
Hardin Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire without regard for race, age, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Tennessee is a right to work state (employment-at-will). As such, Hardin Medical Center maintains an employment policy posture that all employees are hired without any guarantees of continued employment. There are no implied contracts, either written or verbal, of employment tenure. Hardin Medical Center or the employee may terminate employment, with or without just cause or reason, at any time.
The benefits program at Hardin Medical Center form an important part of your total compensation package.
Our benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Discount on Prescription Drugs
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Leave
- Bereavement Pay
- Life Insurance
- Long and Short Term Disability (employee cost)
- Retirement Plan
- Shift Premiums
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Union